Tuesday 19 August 2014

MY LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD


There I was Sunday afternoon refreshing my mail on my iPhone to find a new comment on my blog from the oh so lovely Laura from keepingupwithblake. We'd never spoken, we were not following one another and I'd never read any of her posts. There was a surprise she left me in the comment, she'd nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. I'm very happy that she praised my posts and I am super happy she nominated me as I believe it's a great movement for newer bloggers.

I spent Monday catching up with all the social media kind of things I'd missed on Sunday. I thought whilst I was sitting here waiting to start my answers to the questions Laura gave the 11 bloggers she nominated, that I'd read up on some of her posts and get to know her a little more. It's so great to know the person who's created the posts you're reading. So, I learnt by stuff about Laura from the questions she answered, you guys can take a look at her award here and give her a cheeky follow if you wish to do so.

For those of you who aren't very aware of the rules here they are: 
  • Answer all of the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
  • Link back to the person that nominated you.
  • After completing these questions you must nominate 11 blogers (with under 200 followers) and provide them with 11 questions to answer.
  • You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
  • Finally, let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide a link to your post so they can learn all about it.
So here are the questions that Laura set her nominated bloggers and my answers:

1. What was the first concert that you ever went to?
The first concert I ever went to was One Direction, I was 17. I have now seen them 3 times, yay. 

2. What would you say is your greatest achievement so far in life?
I'd say this for me is getting into uni and coming out the other side of 8 months of dizziness, faintness and just generally really not wanting to face the world today kind of mood...

3. Where is the best place that you have ever travelled to?
I can't say I've done any spectacular travelling. I've been to Holland but that was when I was around 10. It was absolutely beautiful from what I can remember and I'd more than happily love to visit there again and have a real exploration.

4. If you could have given yourself one piece of advice when you were a child, what would it have been?
This is simple, do what makes you happy, don't care what anyone thinks. Also I'd tell myself, time heals all.

5. What is your favourite TV series?
The Great British Bake Off and My Mad Fat Diary for sure.

6. If you were given a chance to relive one day in your life, what day would it be?
I'd like to relive the day I met One Direction so I can look hotter as my 19 year old self and maybe tame Harry into a corner to pounce on, who knows. Dreams are just dreams right!

7. What is your unhealthy obsession?
It used to be One Direction however I've grown out of that. I'd now say my unhealthy obsession is buying literally everything I find pretty.

8. What is your favourite flower?
Tulips or roses.

9. If you could erase your memory to read a book again, which book would it be?
This sounds so sad but I'd love to read Fifty Shades of Grey again, I totally didn't just admit to that ha!

10. Tell me about your weekend...
Yesterday I went shopping and bought a smoothie maker that doesn't actually work, cry. Today I've just been on a driving lesson back in my home town, totally not used to the roads here. I was driving in Northampton for 8 months so being back here driving is strange. Later, I'm going to stay with my Nan for the night! Busy, busy, busy.

11. Katy Perry or Lady Gaga?
I really dislike Lady Gaga so it would definitely have to be Katy Perry. She's gorgeous anyway so we'll go with that!

So it's now time for my nominations:

  1. Katie at inkatiescorner
  2. Esme at esmeburr
  3. Hazel Jane at hazeljane
  4. Lucy at littlelucywishes
  5. Jessica at blush-crushh 
  6. Alex at AlexIDiLorenzo
  7. Louise at louiseamos
Only 7 here. I follow some great blogs but there's only a collection that are under 200 but never mind huh!

My questions for you guys are as follows:

  1. If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be?
  2. Which 3 guests, alive or dead, would you have at a dinner party? Why?
  3. What's your dream job?
  4. What is something you learned in the last week?
  5. Is love at first sight real?
  6. Do you have any unusual phobias or fears?
  7. What do you think of facial hair on men?
  8. What are you the most proud of?
  9. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
  10. What's your least favourite word?
  11. Have you met any celebrities?
I can't wait to see your guys' answers. If you've already done this, reply to the questions in the comments as I'd love to know more about you!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Vanessa! You have a lovely blog! But since I've already filled out one of these here's my answers for you anyway!

    If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be?
    - 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy. I could probably go on for ages, I live for music and concerts.

    Which 3 guests, alive or dead, would you have at a dinner party? Why?
    - J.K. Rowling – she’s the reason I started to really like reading
    - My Great Grandmother – she passed away when I was 7 and I think it’d be nice to have her around for a little bit of adult Alex
    - Audrey Kitching – she’s always been someone I’ve looked up to just for always being herself and working hard for the things she wants and believes in.

    What's your dream job?
    - I’d love to be able to sing for a living. Writing music and traveling around the world sharing it with people. I think the only I’m not singing is when my mom and brother are home just because there’s no safe way for my voice to handle metal and they wont listen to my more pop-y tastes. And it would get weird after a little bit if I kept singing songs from musicals or Disney movies.

    What is something you learned in the last week?
    - I can get preventative medication so I don’t get headaches or migraines. Sorry had a pretty boring week.

    Is love at first sight real?
    - I wouldn’t say love, but I think you can meet someone and have that little click of a connection that seems to pull you to them. But I wouldn’t call it love at first sight.

    Do you have any unusual phobias or fears?
    - I’m not a big fan of moths. I’d like to blame SpongeBob for that.

    What do you think of facial hair on men?
    - Full on beards are little much; but when guys are a little scruffy like they haven’t shaved in a couple days, that I like. But only if they can pull it off.

    What are you the most proud of?
    - As silly as it sounds I’m most proud I actually graduated high school. I missed about half my junior and senior years and my mom and I were nervous I wouldn’t have the grades to finish out school on time.

    If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
    - Cat. I am definitely a cat. I’m a little too smart and too nosey for my own good sometimes. I like to be left alone a lot, unless it involves someone I love. And since I have 4 cats I’ve noticed I have the same weird habit of needing my hair to be in place all the time (even if it looks like I just woke up 90% of that time).

    What's your least favourite word?
    - I don’t think I have one really, but the word panties kind of irks me for some reason.

    Have you met any celebrities?
    - I guess that depends what you deem a celebrity. I’ve met the all the guys of Vampires Everywhere, Jordan Witzigreuter of The Ready Set, and Black Veil Brides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words sweet! Your answer to question 6 made me giggle out loud, haha! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination sweet! I really appreciate it :)

    I love My Mad Fat Diary too! Is it bad that I reaaally fancied Finn? I loved your piece of advice too - I definitely agree :)

    1. So many! Ed Sheeran, City and Colour,One Republic, George Ezra and Coldplay!
    2. Dwayne Johnson - because as crazy as it sounds... I love him. J.K.Rowling, because she was a huge part of my childhood and umm...Simon Cowell, because it would be hilarious!
    3. Dream job would be anything with writing involved really. An author, for sure!
    4. I learnt that it's difficult for me to pass up chocolate. Though I think I knew that anyway ;)
    5. I don't think so. But lust is! And perhaps curiosity :)
    6. I used to be scared of beans....now I'm just scared of all flies haha!
    7. I loooooove it! Whether it be stubble or a full on beard or an incredible mustache..I am all for it haha!
    8. Finishing uni - I didn't think I would in first year. But I got through it :)
    9. I would definitely be a cat! Incredibly lazy, fairly independent...but love a good cuddle!
    10. moist. Just why...why does that word exist?
    11. I haven't I don't think! Apart from George Craig from One Night Only. Oh, and I high fived Dev Patel at T4 On the Beach 2009! Ha!

    I hope you enjoyed my answers :) I loved answering them! Thank you so much again for nominating me.

    Hazel Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award lovely! I hate it when a moth is in my room at night, I can't sleep until I've captured it and let it out of the window!

    Hayley-Eszti
    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete