Sunday 15 June 2014

BAKING WITH VANESSA: BANANA MUFFINS


I've been craving to make these banana muffins for a while now even since I made the last set. They were just so delicious and easy to make. You really don't need that much. I love banana and I love cake so I thought what better than to google a recipe for something to bake which is banana based.

So to make a set of 12 banana muffins you'll need...

200g plain flour

1/2 teaspoon of salt

1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda

150g of caster sugar

75g of butter

1 egg

3 large bananas mashed



Firstly, you'll need to pre-heat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4/350F. After you've done this we can get started by sifting the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder all together. Next leave it to the side for the time been to come back to later.


So in this large mixing bowl I just mashed the bananas, butter, egg and sugar together. Last time I made these muffins I mashed the banana before adding the sugar and everything else, I find this worked easier. I used one egg by the way it just had a double yolk! Impressive huh? haha. Simple things. I only used two bananas as that's all we had but these still turned out lovely with a great banana taste. I found last time when I used 3 bananas the muffins were a bit too banana-ey for me so two works fine!


Next you need to fold in the flour mixture until it's smooth. I cheated here by folding the mixture in with a spoon then getting the whisk out to make sure it was fairly smooth! Then spoon the mixture into muffin cases. I wouldn't spoon your mixture in all the way to the top, half way works just fine!


Here is the outcome above and below after the muffins have being baking for 25 minutes in the middle of the oven. A little tip is to prod a skewer in or in my case a fork and if it comes out clean you're ready to sit down and enjoy these beauties!


I love these when they're warm I could eat the whole batch but I suppose I'll let the family have some too, ha! All I can say is have a bash and do enjoy, you won't be disappointed if you're a banana lover!

What are your favourite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment