Saturday 21 June 2014

CURRENT FAVOURITES: LIPSTICK


The perfect finish to any outfit. My lipstick collection is growing and recently I've added some bright ones to the collection as you can see in the picture above and below. My all time favourite shade will probably Kate Moss' matte lipstick in shade 107. Whenever I'm heading out the house it's more often than not recently I'll put some lipstick on. I always think buying lipstick is a bit risky when you haven't tried them on your lips. It was a risky move purchasing these daring shades but I couldn't refuse as the bright pink ones been on my to buy list for a while now!


Just thought I'd do a few swatches for you of the lipsticks. Very professionally done of course! Really didn't fancy smacking my lips all over my blog although it would've probably help give the true colour of these lipsticks away. Anyway I just wanted you to get the idea of what these shades look like. The red is a GOSH one, the plum colour is the Kate Moss Rimmel one and finally the hot pink is by Bourjois.

GOSH VELVET TOUCH LIPSTICK//SUPERDRUG//£6.49

Here's the GOSH velvet touch lipstick in colour Lambada, this one is a very bright red and I'd say it is an orange toned red lipstick. I do add it does dry matte, my favourite kind of finish. I walked into Superdrug and honestly wanted something a bit different. I'd already set my sights on the Bourjois one I bought but I've been wanting to try an orange toned lipstick for a while now. I was going to be very daring and get an entirely orange coloured lipstick but I got a little scared and played it safe with this one. However, when I got back to my hotel I tried it on and I absolutely love it. I was so impressed, I hardly needed to top this up throughout the day. Baring in mind I wore it from 12pm until 12am. It did such an amazing job. I love this one, definitely worth the money.

 BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTICK//BOOTS&SUPERDRUG//£8.99

This one is one of the things that when I knew the 3 for 2 offer was on in Superdrug it was a must get. The only way I can describe this is highlighter pink. This Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick colour has been named Ole Flamingo!. I love it on, it's amazing. However, I would not be daring enough to go out with this on, on a day to day basis, I feel it suits me for more of a special event and somewhere where I need to be dressed up. With this one I can't give reviews of staying power and what not because I have yet to wear it out. I am so impressed with the colour of this though although I think there could be on a whole a bigger range of different shades. If you're looking for something bold though definitely check out this range of lipsticks.

RIMMEL KATE MATTE LIPSTICK//BOOTS&SUPERDRUG//£5.49

Now to my all time favourite this is Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in shade 107. I've had this over a year at first I wasn't fond of it, oh how times change. I don't think I'll ever get over my love for this one. The only thing that lets me down here is the fact that it just doesn't stay on long enough. I feel that it tends to come off really easy in the middle of the lips and it stays on so long on the outer bit of the lips, really not a good look... This one constantly needs topping up throughout the day. The shade of this one is a winner for me though and the fact it also dries matte is another bonus. The vampy look I absolutely adore all year round. This one is perfect to grunge a summer time outfit up.

What lipsticks are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment